Vancouver-based outdoor company Arc’teryx has announced that it will be moving into the travel market with a series of adventure trips in locations around the world.
With it's routes firmly set in technical, high-performance apparel, outerwear and equipment, the brand will offer people the opportunity to visit immersive travel experiences in a range of different countries.
- Essential reading: The world's best treks
Launching in 2020 with 10 destinations, the various trips will allow adventurers to join world-class mountain guides in places such as the Yukon, Corsica, Chamonix, and the Dolomites.
Based on small groups, each location will focus on the main sports Arc’teryx makes products for: trail running, hiking, rock climbing and mountaineering.
Each trip is designed to take participants to the next level of their abilities with training given by carefully chosen guides each with IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Association), ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) or AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certification.
The breakdown of those trips coming up are:
- Chamonix (France) – Explore the best climbs in Chamonix, home to some of the highest and most dramatic peaks in Europe.
- Chilcotins (Canada) – Take a trail running journey through British Columbia’s backcountry, with mountainous terrain, forests, plateaus and crystal-clear mountain lakes. A departure exclusively for female runners will also be offered.
- Corsica (France) – This rugged island off the coast of France offers once-in-alifetime trail running adventures, from cliffs to mountains to coasts.
- Dolomites (Italy) – Experience the largest and most spectacular limestone climbing area in the European Alps with steep towers rising up to 1,600m.
- Ghost River Valley (Canada) – Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the climbing at Ghost River offers a wide variety of styles from modern, bolted sport routes to traditional multi-pitch climbs.
- Grand Tetons (U.S.) – Discover one of the classic North American mountaineering and rock-climbing experiences in Wyoming’s Grand Tetons National Park. This trip is offered exclusively to female climbers.
- Swiss Alps (Switzerland) – The Swiss Alps is what postcards were made for, and this trail running experience showcases the region’s peaks and valleys in the most personal and challenging way.
- Titcomb (U.S.) – Run past lakes and glaciers in Wyoming’s gorgeous Titcomb Basin, where the sights are as awe-inspiring as the terrain is challenging.
- Tombstones (Canada) – Trek through one of the Yukon’s most spectacular wilderness regions in Tombstone Territorial Park, framed by a dramatic landscape of tundra and wind-carved mountains.
- Wind River (U.S.) – Discover extraordinary alpine climbing in Wyoming’s Cirque of the Towers, complemented by some of the most stunning scenery in the Wind River Range.
Each of the experiences are open for registration now with space available for between four and 12 people in each group.
The cost for each Arc’teryx Trips experience will range from £1,800 to £6,000.
For more information about the options available click here.